Hot and Cold Diving and Spa tour
Your adventure begins with a scuba diving tour of Silfra. Silfra, the famous fissure between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates, provides an underwater experience unlike anywhere else on earth.
Upon arrival at Thingvellir National Park, your guide will introduce you to the unique geological and cultural history of Silfra before giving you a detailed briefing of the dive site.
You guide will then assist you into your dry suit and setting up the dive equipment. We will explore the four main parts of Silfra, the big crack, Silfra hall, Silfra Cathedral and the Silfra Lagoon.
After the dive we will warm up with hot chocolate and biscuits.
After your 30-40 minute diving session in Silfra, you can explore the Thingvellir area as you wish before moving on to Laugarvatn Fontana to warm up.
Once you are hot you can continue on the Golden circle which both Thingvellir and Laugarvatn are on. You are only a stone's throw away from the famous hot spring Geysir and Gullfoss waterfall. Have a good trip!
- Guided diving trip
- All necessary diving equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- Silfra entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person
- entrance fee at Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths
What's not included
Clothing to be worn under the dry suit and undergarment is not provided. Please bring:
- Long thermal underwear
- Warm wool socks
- Hat, gloves and scarf
- Bathing suit and towel for your visit to Laugarvatn Fontana
What do I need to bring
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
- bathing suit and towel for your visit to Laugarvatn Fontana
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the Silfra tour date OR have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the Silfra tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- have our Diving Medical Statement signed off by a doctor if they are age 60 or older
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be at least 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Diving Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.