Family & Friends Snorkeling Silfra Small Group Tour
Silfra is a fissure between the North American and Eurasian continental plates. Silfra constantly fills with glacial water that has been trickling through underground lava rock for 30 years. This remarkable crack between two tectonic plates is therefore filled with the clearest water on our planet, allowing for over 100 meters visibility.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensations of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
The FAmily and friends snorkeling Silfra tour is only available on request. It allows you to reserve a guide just for your group of up to 6 people. This will give you a more personalised and intimate experience, away from the crowds. An unforgettable outdoor activity for the whole family!
- Private guided snorkelling trip
- All necessary snorkelling equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies after the snorkeling trip
- Entrance fee of ISK 1.500,- into Silfra
- Free photos
- be at minimum 150cm tall / maximum 200cm tall
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant