Ice Cave Tour
Glacier Journey is truly a unique experience.
Now it´s time to take Ice Cap glacier exploration to a higher level.
You will get the opportunity of a lifetime to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness, Iceland’s largest glacier. You are driven in a specially modified Super Jeep to the glacier, where you get to explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world, go into and underneath the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside! Glacier Journey is truly a unique experience.
An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey, making sure everyone enjoys themselves to the fullest.
These ice caves are an ever changing natural phenomenon and, therefore, unpredictable. We will visit one ice cave during the tour and the choice of a cave is based on conditions and safety.
This exciting tour offers you the opportunity to walk inside a truly mighty chunk of ice. Vatnajökull Glacier was formed thousands of years ago and is by far the largest glacier in Iceland. It covers an area of roughly 8.000 Sq. km (5.500 Sq. miles) and is almost 1.000m thick at its deepest point, making it the largest glacier mass in Europe. Trump that for an ice cube.
Helmet and crampons.
What do I need to bring
Warm and waterproof jacket and pants, hiking boots, headwear and gloves.
· Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required
· Reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
· It´s the customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
· There is a 48 hours cancellation policy, customers will get a 90% refund if they cancel the tour 48+ hours before departure.
· If the tour is cancelled by Glacier Journey for some reason i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
· Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
· All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
· Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.